Thursday, April 3, 2014

Intervention

"Hello, everyone.  In case any of you don't know why you're here, my name is Nance, and this is a Fashion Intervention.  Brian is on his way here now, and he should be here in about fifteen minutes.  All of you are here because you care about Brian, and you are worried about him.  I'm sure it hasn't escaped any of you that he has worn the same grey tie with little floaty things on it way too often in the past month or so, and my sense of it is that this is a cry for help.  I mean, it's a perfectly stylish tie; we all agree on that; I see you nodding, but how many times is he going to wear it?  Hey, hey, it's going to be okay!  Can someone pass that woman the tissues?  Thank you.  Anyway, as I was saying.  He seems to be sort of stuck, and stuck on this one tie.  It's not even a Solid Purple, so we need to find out what in the heck is going on.  Is there trouble at home?  Is this some residual angst about his solo show being canceled?  Hold on, sir, I really can't take questions at this point.  Is this some sort of empathetic response to Ann Curry?  No idea.  But, you all have your letters to read, and I am hoping that you were very, very painfully honest.  Take the remaining time to go over them, and please compose yourselves.  Remember, he is going to be wearing the grey tie with the little floaty things when he walks in.  Don't let it throw you."